Saturday, June 14, 2014

RuPaul And The Beauty Of Nature And Weight Loss

Steak Friday last night (New York strips), and after four glasses of wine I was three sheets to the wind.  Ended up watching the Kurt Russell corrupt cop movie "Dark Blue" in English on a Spanish language channel.

While the movie wasn't dubbed in Spanish, it was dubbed in English - apparently the movie had a lot of cursing in it and they were using the badly dubbed safe for TV version.  Every other sentence was out of sync with the actors' mouths, and I swear there were a couple of scenes where it wasn't even the same actors doing the over-dubbing.

Up at 3am this morning waiting for the sunrise.  Got out at 6am to go walking.  For the past 2 months I've been walking 3 to 4 times a week, doing 4 to 5 miles in an hour each walk.  I've also been walking 2 miles at lunch when I can, though it's getting too hot for that.


It was a beautiful morning this morning, though very humid.

Here's the creepy tunnel near the house
Sunrise over the canal
Morning has broken
I've lost 13 pounds so far just by walking and watching what I eat.  I'm looking to lose another 10-15 pounds by the time I'm done.   There's an extensive network of paved trails and parks nearby that cut around and through the woods and make it easy to exercise and get a good dose of nature.  Aside from the various flora, it's not unusual to see armadillos, squirrels, rabbits, cardinals, blue jays, some kind of yellow-bellied birds, butterflies, spiders, caterpillars, dragonflies, thousands of pill bugs, stink bugs, click beetles, ants, rats (saw one today), turtles, cranes and possums.

The nature trails make for an interesting walk, but music is what sets the pace.  One album in particular has proven to be perfect for this, and that's Born Naked by RuPaul.

Deluxe
This is a great album with beats that set the perfect pace for my walk.  RuPaul has had some hits and misses as far as music goes, but this album is totally a hit in my opinion.

Bonus Photos
Driveway bunnies
KT on laundry day
Bonus Movie
Armadillos seen during a lunch walk at work







No comments:

Post a Comment