Saturday, August 2, 2014

Wisconsin For Work

I recently travelled to Madison, Wisconsin for a work conference.  It's the state capitol dontcha know.

The meetings and events were held at Monona Terrace, on the shores of Lake Monona, Of the shining Big-Sea-Water, Stood Nokomis, the old woman...
Sorry, I drifted off into the Song of Hiawatha, by Longfellow.  It's early and I'm tired.

Monona Terrace
Monona Terrace was designed and revised by Frank Lloyd Wright between 1938 and his death in 1959.  However it was not actually built until the early 1990s, and only Wright's original exterior design was kept.

To me, the capitol area of Madison felt like a miniature cross between Austin, TX and San Francisco.
Photos below.



First Flight on a smaller plane.  I'm in the front row which is a single seat on the left side, but I hear the control yoke calling me: "Come fly with me, Brett."
The view to my right.  Geronimo!
(Wow, two Native American references in one post - aren't you lucky today?)
The capitol

The capitol
Amphicar
Breakfast at the Terrace
Lake level.  So many people on kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, etc.
Looking from Monona Terrace to the capitol building


No comments:

Post a Comment