Sunday, September 21, 2014

Colorado Trip - Day 3

So where was I?  Oh yeah...

Up at 5:00am; Todd still asleep.  I stayed in bed surfing on the iPad and playing with the camera until 7:00am when I got dressed and went across the street to Starbucks to get a venti decaf nonfat vanilla latte.
Sleeping Beauty

Morning comes to Denver
Headboard texture detail
Same as above with flash

When Todd got up around 8:30, we took our showers and walked about a mile and a half to Voodoo Doughnut for breakfast.  I got a voodoo doll and a blueberry cake, and Todd got a "Captain my Captain" and a cinnamon sugar.  There's no seating inside, so we walked a few blocks to Cheesman Park and ate our doughnuts on a bench in front of all the joggers.  :o)

They're magic
Voodoo doll, blueberry cake, cinnamon sugar, and "Captain my Captain"
Voodoo doll complete with pretzel "stake".  He was raspberry jelly-filled.
Cheesman Park.  Suck it, joggers - we're on vacation.

Oh wait, the Indigo Girls just came on singing Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters.  I'll be back in a sec.

I'm back.  What a great version of a classic song!

It was 10:00am when we finished our treats, and Todd had a work call from 12 to 1, so we headed back to the hotel.  I took a short nap while Todd did his thing, then when it was over we got out for lunch.

Walking past the capitol.  Just over the bushes:  a crowd protesting genetically modified food.  Just under the bushes:  sleeping homeless people who I don't think would mind.

We walked up the 16th Street Mall to 5280 Burger Bar.  Todd and I split an order of green chili queso fries, and I had a Vail Valley bison burger, which was juicy and mild with a hint of horseradish.  I also had a Dad's S'mores "Shaketini", which is listed as "Toasted marshmallow ice cream, shaved milk chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, vodka, Frangelico, and a toasted marshmallow".  It was incredibly good and strong.

If I'm going to be fat, might as well be drunk

We walked to the newly refurbished Union Station at the northern end of the 16th Street Mall, but there wasn't much to see.

Union Station

On the way back we stopped in Rocket Fizz and I bought some melon-flavored Hi-Chew candy.  We walked back to the hotel and crashed for a couple of hours, which was super-nice.

We cleaned up around 6:00pm and got back out - we went to Barnes and Noble, checked out another candy shop called It's Sugar (where you could get such quality confections as "Urine For A Treat - Sour Liquid Candy "Samples"", or a plush Grumpy Cat), then went to Jamba Juice.  I usually have a Peach Perfection, but they were out of peaches, so I got a large Strawberries Whirled instead.

We stopped by Walgreens to get some aspirin for Todd, some fiber bars for me (yes, I am old), and a deck of playing cards.

Evening comes to Denver
Back at the hotel we played cards for a while, then watched a little tv before going to bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment